Wario's Wii U Masterpiece Wario and his Diamond City friends are back in action. Game & Wario features a collection of games that use only the Wii U GamePad controller. The games retain the original flair and character of themicro-games from the WarioWare series. To earn medals and various bonus items, players are encouraged to play a variety of games
All single- and multiplayer games in Game & Wario are designed to use the GamePad controller in creative and different ways. Some of the entertaining games include:
- ARROW – This single-player game transforms the GamePad into a hi-tech bow(shaped like Wario's mustache, of course) and arrow designed to defeat swarming enemies. Players hold the GamePad vertically with one hand to aim at enemies on the TV screen, while using their other hand to pull the arrow on the GamePad's touch screen.
- SKI – In this single-player game, competitors must lead the skier to the finish line by holding the GamePad vertically and tilting it left or right. The TV monitor will show the skier's flashy moves to entertain the audience.
- FRUIT – In this game for two to five players, the main player uses theGamePad to anonymously control one of many characters on the TV screento quietly steal some fruit scattered all over the town. Once the thiefcompletes the mission, the player passes the GamePad to the other players,who then must try to finger the suspect.
- PIRATES – In this clever take on rhythm games, players can look into a whole new world using the GamePad. Players can look left, right, and even above them to block arrows fired from a pirate ship using the GamePad as a shield.
- GAMER – Remember the thrill of playing video games past bedtime and trying not to get caught by mom? Players can relive their childhood with Gamer, where they need to play classic WarioWare microgames on the GamePad, while also keeping an eye out for mom on the main TV. When mom is close, a few quick button presses on the GamePad will help players pretend they are asleep, or else the game ends if they're caught by mom. It's the video game equivalent of patting your head and rubbing your stomach at the same time.
- SHUTTER– In this game, players try to spot a list of targeted suspects or actors on the TV, then zoom in and take pictures of suspects using the Wii U GamePad as a camera.
- DISCO – While each holding one side of the GamePad, two players alternate tapping the touch screen to battle each other in a fun disco competition, with a variety of different music.
- The trademark humor and quirkiness of the fan-favorite WarioWare games make a return in Game & Wario, as well as many of the same Diamond City characters like Jimmy T. and Mona.
- Clearing stages will earn players special tokens that can be used in a wacky chicken-themed capsule machine called the CLUCK-A-POP. These capsules contain in-game prizes and various microgames that players can have fun with.
- Miiverse Sketch is a whole new mode in which players try to draw words that have been suggested on the Game & Wario Miiverse community. The sketch is then automatically uploaded to the Miiverse community, and with enough votes, the sketch has a higher possibility of being featured in the in-game gallery of other players.
- Cartoon Violence
- Crude Humor